Washington, September 25 – Accountability Lab is pleased to announce that our Mali Country Director Moussa Kondo has been chosen as a finalist for the 2019 “100 Most Influential Young Africans” ranking by the Africa Youth Awards.
A statement from the organisation to Kondo read: “This nomination is an attestation to the works you have been engaged in and the impact it has had on young people across Africa and beyond. We hope this recognition will motivate you to continue your contributions towards the development of our dear continent, Africa.”
Kondo has been nominated under the Leadership & Civil Society category, which this year also features nominees from Tunisia, Sudan, Mauritania, Sierra Leone, Somalia, The Gambia, Tanzania and South Sudan.
The full list of nominees under the Leadership & Civil Society category is as follows:
- Ahlem Nasraoui, IREX (Tunisia)
- Alaa Salah, Activist (Sudan)
- Aminetou Bilal, Selfie Mbalite (Mauritania)
- Aya Chebbi, African Union (Tunisia)
- Fatima Maada Bio (H.E.), First Lady (Sierra Leone)
- Ilwad Elman, Elman Peace (Somalia)
- Moussa Kondo, Accountability Lab (Mali)
- Muhammed Lamin Saidykhan, Africans Rising (The Gambia)
- Petrider Paul, Voice Out Against Gender-Based Violence Initiative (Tanzania)
- Simon Marot Touloung, African Youth Action Network (South Sudan)
For more information or to set up a press interview with Moussa, contact Global Communications Director Sheena Adams at [email protected]