The Accountability Incubator is the Lab’s flagship program for young civil society leaders to build sustainable, effective tools for accountability, participation and social impact. These committed change-makers know best how to transform their communities–we make it possible.
We provide participating “accountapreneurs” with two years of hands-on, comprehensive support including:
- Training and Knowledge Building: 120 hours of highly interactive training on topics that accountapreneurs identify as needs, such as financial management, teambuilding, digital communications, and more.
- Hands-on-mentoring and management support: significant assistance in understanding the role the individual and organization can play in building an accountability eco-system, including one-on-one sessions focusing on vision, mission, strategy, planning and implementation.
- Network and Community Building: assistance in facilitating and strengthening connections with relevant stakeholders in civil society, government, the private sector, and the donor community through networking events and one-on-one introductions.
- Media Outreach: ongoing help to develop public speaking skills, writing skills, connections with local and international media houses to ensure maximum exposure, and additional training on outreach and communications through traditional and social media channels.
- Seed Funding and Fundraising: up to $10,000 in seed funding disbursed over 2 years, as well as significant assistance in obtaining fellowships, developing sustainability plans, building out earned income streams, and applying for additional funding to ensure success over time.
Learn more about how to become an accountapreneur.
Scroll down to meet the accountapreneurs and read about their inspiring initiatives.