The Accountability Lab
The Accountability Lab catalyzes a new generation of active citizens and responsible leaders. We run an incubator for accountability change-makers to develop and implement innovative ideas for building integrity in their communities. We train, mentor, and resource citizens to strengthen systems of accountability to unleash positive social and economic change. The Lab is a registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the U.S. and is currently working in Liberia, Nepal and Pakistan.
The Accountability Lab is recruiting part-time or full-time residents for Spring 2016. S/he will work out of the Lab’s office in the OpenGov Hub in DC, and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide writing and editing assistance for a variety of outputs including grant proposals and reports, blog posts, and articles;
- Work with senior management to develop fundraising plans and priorities;
- Contribute to the Lab’s social media, crowd-funding campaigns, monthly newsletters, and other online outreach;
- Update records in Salesforce, Excel, and Dropbox;
- Assist with event planning, and attend external events in Washington, DC to build networking relationships for the Lab.
This residency presents an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience helping a dynamic and innovative nonprofit grow. We will provide a modest stipend for time, travel and effort.
The Accountability Lab is a young organization with limited resources and significant travel for key staff, so the resident will need to be adaptable, self-motivated and able to multi-task. Beyond this, candidates for the position should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Student currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, nonprofit management, international development, or a related field, in their Senior year;
- Previous experience working for a nonprofit organization, preferably in fundraising;
- Fluent in English, with strong writing skills and attention to detail;
- Significant experience using Microsoft Word and Excel, and various social media. Experience using Salesforce, Mailchimp, and WordPress preferred;
- Interest in and understanding of Accountability Lab’s mission.
Location: Washington DC
Next steps: If interested, please send a cover letter, CV and writing sample to Anne Sophie Ranjbar at [email protected].