Terms of Reference: Chief of Party
Accountability Lab catalyzes a new generation of active citizens and responsible leaders. We train, mentor, and resource citizens to strengthen systems of accountability to unleash positive social and economic change. The Lab also strives to reinvent the way that development organizations operate through radical transparency, context-appropriate reporting, and creative awareness campaigns. The Accountability Lab is a non-profit organization based in Washington DC with locally registered offices around the world.
The Chief of Party leads the project. S/he provides strategic guidance, oversight and management, builds relationships and reports directly to partners, and leads policy and advocacy work. The COP works in partnership with other staff in Harare and with support from Accountability Lab Global- to ensure delivery against the organizational strategy and goals.
- A Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline; an advanced degree in Development or Political Studies.
- At least 5 years of senior-level experience leading large-scale, complex governance programs and campaigns.
- An additional 8 years of progressively increasing responsibility working in governance, human rights or civic engagement
- Demonstrated ability to establish professional relationships and to work collaboratively with government agencies, donors, civil society and CBOs.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to develop and communicate a common vision to diverse partners and foster collaboration across a multi-disciplinary team.
- Prior experience managing USAID-funded agreements or contracts.
Eligibility: The Accountability Lab is not able to sponsor work visas. Please only apply if you currently have a right to work in Harare.
Location: Harare with extensive travel across Zimbabwe and internationally as needed.
Compensation: Competitive, commensurate with skills and experience.
For more information or to apply, please send a cover letter, CV and salary expectations to [email protected] before October 28.