Terms of Reference: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager
Accountability Lab catalyzes a new generation of active citizens and responsible leaders. We train, mentor, and resource citizens to strengthen systems of accountability to unleash positive social and economic change. The Lab also strives to reinvent the way that development organizations operate through radical transparency, context-appropriate reporting, and creative awareness campaigns. The Accountability Lab is a non-profit organization based in Washington DC with locally registered offices around the world.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager will be a key, senior member of the Zimbabwe team, ensuring that the Lab collects and uses all of the data and information it needs to monitor project implementation and impact. S/he will first and foremost lead the Lab’s efforts to collect data and ensure rigorous adherence to agreed project indicators and outcomes to ensure robust reporting. The MEL Manager will also design feedback mechanisms for relevant stakeholders, work to adapt the Lab’s approaches based on the information collected, and support the Lab as a learning organization.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 7 years working on monitoring and evaluation in the democracy, governance and human rights fields.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing rigorous quantitative and qualitative data collection systems and knowledge of methods for data analysis.
- Knowledge of M&E issues and indicator development
- Familiarity with USAID democracy and governance indicators and reporting requirements.
- Hands-on practical experience setting up and managing MEL systems for governance and ability to coach and train others in their use.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability.
- Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
- Excellent report writing, analytical and oral presentation skills.
Eligibility: The Accountability Lab is not able to sponsor work visas. Please only apply if you currently have a right to work in Harare.
Location: Harare with extensive travel across Zimbabwe and internationally as needed.
Compensation: Competitive, commensurate with skills and experience.
For more information or to apply, please send a cover letter, CV and salary expectations to [email protected] before October 28.