Terms of Reference: Accountability Lab Marketing and Communications Fellow
The Accountability Lab is a global civil society organization that catalyzes a new generation of active citizens and responsible leaders around the world. We train, mentor and resource citizens to strengthen systems of accountability in order to unleash positive social and economic change. Accountability Lab is looking for a fellow to support our global marketing and communications team based at our SA Network Lab in Johannesburg, South Africa.
This fellowship presents an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience helping a dynamic and innovative non-profit grow, while building an impressive portfolio. In addition to the monthly stipend, we will provide you with access to wide global networks, opportunities to pitch your ideas, access to training and conferences for your professional growth, and writing and publishing opportunities in key media outlets and blogs.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to a weekly social media schedule on the Lab’s global activities for the Accountability Lab (AL) and Integrity Icon (II) accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Provide updates and edits to the AL and II websites and YouTube pages;
- Assist in the editing and collation of monthly newsletters;
- Assist with updating databases and contact management for communications and broader outreach purposes;
- Assist with basic research and data collection from the Lab’s global country teams;
- Assist with research and writing of organizational reports;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Lab’s various programs in South Africa, including training seminars, events and related advocacy activities;
- Produce high-quality photographs, videos and articles on Accountability Lab’s projects.
- Awareness and understanding of accountability issues around the world;
- Adaptable, self-motivated and able to multitask;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent social media marketing and communications skills;
- The ability to listen, to understand and follow instructions as well as the willingness to be proactive and self-reliant;
- Must be a team player and be willing to assist with ad hoc needs, and occasional after-hours work, as required.
- Experience coordinating and updating social media and websites;
- Strong research and data visualization skills; creativity and graphic design skills;
- Experience in data collection and management;
- Superb relationship-building and organizational skills;
- Previous, related work experience;
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or any relevant subject.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa.
Compensation: R15,000 monthly.
Duration: The Fellow will be expected to serve for one year from date of hire, with a flexible start date.
Next Steps: If interested in the position please send a cover letter, CV and a sample of your writing to [email protected] with AL Comms Fellow in the subject line, before February 19.