|Job Title||Operations and Programs Coordinator|
|Place of Work||Washington DC, USA|
|Prior Experience||1 – 3 years|
|Reports to||Operations and Growth Manager|
|Relationship to others||Works closely with the DC staff and Accountability Labs in Pakistan, Nigeria, Liberia, Nepal, Mali and South Africa|
|Compensation||Negotiable, commensurate with experience|
|Deadline||15 December 2018 to start early January 2019|
The position offered will form part of the Accountability Lab’s (the Lab) efforts to catalyze a new generation of active citizens and responsible leaders around the world. We train, mentor, and resource local change-makers to strengthen systems of accountability and unleash positive social and economic change.
We are seeking a master of all things administrative to support our ED and Washington, DC Staff during a time of exciting change and growth. The Operations and Program Coordinator provides executive support in a fast-paced, mission-driven and results-oriented environment and will serve as the glue the keeps the team and the organisation moving towards its goals.
Who You Are:
You can skillfully and energetically lead all administrative work for the team, including but not limited to: interfacing with staff in multiple countries, booking & strictly monitoring complex domestic & international travel, organizing and prioritizing emails, creating presentations, organizing & updating contacts, placing calls & taking notes, filing all correspondence & documents in their proper places assisting with report writing, editing, financial management etc.
You have a command of everything and you love taking initiative. You collaborate with cultural sensitivity. You learn, adapt and push yourself. You don’t know everything, but you’re passionate about developing your skills. You listen to constructive feedback, aim for improvement, and give yourself room to feel satisfied with what you’ve accomplished. You think out-of-the-box and 10 steps ahead. You love taking ideas and running with them. You can complete projects without an exact roadmap for how to get them done and thrive on taking initiative and ownership and have a demonstrated ability to multi-task. You have shown an interest in global politics and economics and understand the importance of governance.
You’re a guru of anticipating needs and staying in front of the team. You can start with a long list of to-do’s, identify the important tasks to complete first, and be nimble as unexpected things change your day. You understand that the unexpected is a regular part of your day, and you bring solutions to the challenges you encounter.
What You Will Do:
- General administrative duties including, but not limited to, scheduling meetings, managing the team calendar and appointments, corresponding with donors, expense reporting, and coordinating travel arrangements for the team.
- Coordinate the preparation, proofreading, production and distribution of reports, agendas, presentations, blogs and other documents as needed.
- Record and update the ED, and teams’ activities and conversations in our customer relationship management database.
- Taking minutes during executive team calls
- Manage correspondence for the team, including thank you notes and acknowledgments
- Other operational and administrative tasks as requested by the ED and team.
Requirements and Desired Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree required combined with some experience in a similar role.
- Motivated, proactive, self-directed problem solver; must be comfortable managing shifting roles and responsibilities – someone who does what it takes to get the job done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate confidently
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a multicultural team based in different time zones.
- Intense sense of discipline and self-management.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can handle the unexpected with flexibility.
- Highly organized, able to set priorities and manage multiple tasks at once.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks to understand challenges and opportunities and then proposes solutions and action.
- Working knowledge of CMS systems.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Ability to speak French is an additional asset.
Please include a cover letter expressing your interest in the role and the Accountability Lab along with salary expectations by 15 DECEMBER 2018. Cover letters should be addressed to Jean Scrimgeour – [email protected]