|Job Title||Communications Officer|
|Place of Work||Accountability Lab Mali, Bamako Office|
|Prior Experience||3 – 5 Years|
|Reports to||Country Director Mali and Niger|
|Manages||Communications for Accountability Lab Mali/ Voice Project|
|Relationship to others||Work closely with, projects Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Country Director Accountability Labs in Mali and Niger|
|Compensation||400.000F CFA/per month negotiable, commensurate with experience|
The position offered will form part of the Accountability Lab Mali efforts to catalyze a new generation of active citizens and responsible leaders around the world. We train, mentor, and resource local change-makers to strengthen systems of accountability and unleash positive social and economic change.
To strengthen the communications and media work, learning and sharing within and between the Accountability Lab Mali and Niger programmes and country teams. The employee will engage partners, country office teams and the broader public on advocacy issues and raise the profile of the Lab, primarily through adaptive learning and communication tools, media and events. S/he will have a key role in developing, improving, adopting, and sharing best practices and innovative approaches in accountability and good governance projects and all about our Voice Project.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To implement the Accountability Lab Mali and Niger Voice Project communications in the context of the Advocacy, Organisational Learning & Knowledge Management, and Behaviour Change and Communication strategies on the Linking and Learning approach;
- To report on the progress of the communication work plan including the coordination and delivery of its outputs;
- To develop communication messages relevant to the Linking and learning Program and AL Mali and Niger work and streamlining messaging;
- Support the team responding to other emerging tasks as may be required.
Operation and Monitoring
- Support program staff and partners in documenting human stories;
- To support the recording and documenting of best practices in approaches, methodologies and techniques;
- To oversee internal and external communication and media work of AL Mali and Niger to reach out more effectively to target audiences;
- To develop media communication for print media, newsletters and social media;
- To monitor and analyse how the AL Mali and Niger is covered in the media;
- To review and monitor progress of outreach opportunities and take follow-up actions;
- Build capacity of AL Mali and Niger affiliate teams to develop and implement communication and learning strategies;
- Assist with the development of impact, learning and communications budgets.
- Support AL staff to provide input and review terms of references for external evaluations;
- Ensure that AL Mali and Niger branding consistent across all the affiliates;
- Organise AL Mali and Niger communication actions and events;
- Conduct reviews of AL Mali and Niger communication strategies and plans.
Reporting and Documentation
- Support the team to develop monthly newsletters;
- Manage Monthly calls;
- Lead on collaboratively developing impact and donor reports including the annual impact and learning report;
- Improve effectiveness through systematic learning and the promotion of best practices and innovations in governance and accountability;
- Efficiently and systematically capture, develop, store, retrieve and share knowledge to achieve programme objectives.
Contribution to Effectiveness of the Accountability Lab
- Work collaboratively across all teams to strengthen integration of learning tools within the organization
- Demonstrate willingness to take the initiative, be creative and contribute to overall goals.
A BA or MA in Communications & Monitoring Evaluation, Communication, Political Science, Information Sciences or a related field.
Send your Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] by September, 25th, 2018