Terms of Reference: Manager – Financial Management and Operations
Accountability Lab catalyzes a new generation of active citizens and responsible leaders. We train, mentor, and resource citizens to strengthen systems of accountability to unleash positive social and economic change. The Lab also strives to reinvent the way that development organizations operate through radical transparency, context-appropriate reporting, and creative awareness campaigns. The Accountability Lab is a non-profit organization based in Washington DC with locally registered offices around the world.
The Manager – Financial Management and Operations will be responsible for the overall financial management and administration of the project. S/he will also ensure compliance with USAID financial and accounting procedures, rules and regulations. S/he will lead budget development, financial reporting, monitor program expenditures and maintain financial filing systems and also be responsible for sub-award management, monitoring and compliance. S/he will provide guidance, monitoring and support to the project team, including procurement for goods and services as well as logistical support.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field; or, a Bachelor’s or certified accounting degree with 10 years’ experience.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in accounting, operations and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, interpersonal skills and team building experience.
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets, including proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases.
- Three to five years of relevant grants and contract management experience, including experience enhancing financial management capacity of civil society organizations.
Eligibility: The Accountability Lab is not able to sponsor work visas. Please only apply if you currently have a right to work in Harare.
Location: Harare with extensive travel across Zimbabwe and internationally as needed.
Compensation: Competitive, commensurate with skills and experience.
For more information or to apply, please send a cover letter, CV and salary expectations to [email protected] before October 28.