Terms of Reference: Administrative/ HR Officer
The Accountability Lab Nigeria catalyzes a new generation of active citizens and responsible leaders. We train, mentor, and resource citizens to strengthen systems of accountability to unleash positive social and economic change. The Lab also strives to reinvent the way that development organizations operate through radical transparency, context-appropriate reporting, and creative awareness campaigns. The Accountability Lab is a non-profit organization based in Washington DC with a locally registered office in Nigeria.
The Administrative Officer will coordinate and implement all administrative functions within AL Nigeria. The Officer will provide support to staff at every level and work with external stakeholders ensure effective organizational operations.
- Support the Country Director, Project and Finance teams with the implementation of procurement processes and procedures;
- Coordinate AL Nigeria engagement with volunteers, interns, and office assistants;
- Ensure management of office logistics on a daily basis;
- Assist with copying, collating documentation etc.;
- Update and manage vendor contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Assist in processing vendor, contractor, etc. invoices and payment with the finance team;
- Maintain the records of assets and equipment for the office in line with the AL assets recording system;
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized, recorded and necessary paper work exists in line with AL Nigeria staff policy;
- Undertake stock inventory and update stock report on a regular basis;
- Ensure procurement of goods and services for any trainings or projects are carried out according to donor/ institutional rules and regulations.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure an efficient/ effective work environment for staff
- Coordinate travel (local and international) requests;
- Coordinate/assist with logistics for meetings, workshops, conferences, local travel, and other activities;
- Ensure on-time travel & logistics arrangement, welfare and support needs of national staff, international staff, visiting guests to Nigeria are met;
- Oversee the maintenance and management of the physical office space including environmental cleaning, local transportation, office equipment/ appliances, and meeting staff office needs;
- Prepare administrative reports when needed;
- Support staff HMO, PENSIONS, Group Life Insurance, NSITF registration and payments;
- Manage staff monthly call credit and internet payments;
- Introduce new hires to staff;
Other duties as may be identified by supervisor as required.
Above all, this position requires excellent management, organizational and communication skills. Accountability Lab Nigeria has the potential to grow very quickly and the successful candidate will need to have the energy, vision and knowledge of administration to help us achieve a standard work environment and to use this to improve what we do. The successful candidate will also need to be able to work within a dynamic and culturally diverse team, embodying the organization’s commitment to accountability, transparency and equity. We seek a demonstrated record of assuming significant professional responsibility and delivering on administration goals with integrity and humility.
- BA degree in Public Administration, Management, Business, or related social science field and 2+ years of experience in relevant roles.
- Experience managing administration for non-profit organization in Sub-Saharan Africa in compliance with international standards;
- Experience working with/within donor organizations including close familiarity with admin systems, frameworks, etc.;
- Demonstrated competency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant computer programs;
- A pro-active leader, communicator and team player;
- Adaptable, resourceful, self-motivated and able to prioritize in a fast-moving environment;
- Highly organized and meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to problem-solve both big picture and day-to-day issues;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate with clarity and professionalism to all relevant stakeholders (staff and partners);
- Commitment to the Accountability Lab’s values of integrity, innovation, humility, practicality, and collaboration.
Duration: Three-month trial period as part of a one-year contract with the possibility for renewal
Reports to: Accountability Lab’s Country Director
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Application Instructions: If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 references to [email protected] before close of business on September 20.