TERMS OF REFERENCE: NON-PROFIT MANAGEMENT FELLOW (SOUTH AFRICA)
The Accountability Lab is building a new generation of active citizens and responsible leaders around the world. We support changemakers to develop and implement positive ideas for integrity in their communities, unleashing positive social and economic change.
As part of the Accountability Lab’s efforts play a role in shaping the next generation of young South African non-profit leaders, the Lab is supporting a one year, fully immersive, accountability focused non-profit management fellowship. Fellows are given the opportunity to participate in every aspect of managing a non-profit under the guidance of a senior staff member. The program includes, fundraising, proposal writing, networking, budget development, program development, communications, HR, development and enforcement of policies and procedures, public speaking, international travel, and academic writing.
The 2020 Fellowship will primarily focus on Integrity Icon and other special projects as assigned.
Duration: 5 days per week starting mid-January 2020
Reports to : Senior Programme Officer
Remuneration: Competitive monthly stipend
Location: Braamfontein Werf, Johannesburg,
Skills and experience: Recent University Graduate with a passion for social justice
Role and Responsibilities
Integrity Icon (January – October 2020)
- Support execution of the full Integrity Icon Campaign including launch, nominations, selection, filming, voting, and final ceremony.
- Manage and monitor the Lab’s internal project reporting calendars and processes to ensure accurate and timely submission of proposals, reports and other outputs;
- Produce internal progress reports and report to the larger team on a weekly basis on progress;
Administration and Finances
- Assist with tracking revenue and expenses against annual budgets, monitoring cash flow, forecasting costs, and reporting on the campaign.
- Support stakeholder relationships in South Africa including regular updates, dissemination of information and collateral.
- Help enforce the Lab’s financial and administrative guidelines, and other key financial risk management safeguards and controls
- Support the execution of a comprehensive communications and social media strategy for AL South Africa.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work with the AL Global Programs and Learning Manager to gather stories, quotes, impact statistics, and lessons learned from Integrity Icon participants/beneficiaries.
Special Projects (Ongoing)
- Special projects, curriculum development, and administrative support in collaboration with the Country Director or other staff based on individual experience and interests, as well as the needs of the organization.
Fundraising, Finances, M&E and Administration (Ongoing)
- Seek and track potential funding opportunities with the support of the Accountability Lab Global Team
- Support the AL SA team to develop capture plans and lead prepositioning for prioritized funding opportunities.
- Support the AL SA team to write proposals.
- Establish, share and execute best practice for note-taking, filing and documenting organisational growth and development.
- Work with the AL Global Programs and Learning Manager to gather stories, quotes, impact statistics, and lessons learned from partners participants and beneficiaries.
Personal Development (Ongoing)
- Write and publish at least one piece per quarter for the AL Global website and social media accounts with the aim of getting one of these pieces published in a local, national or international newspaper/ blog.
Application Instructions: If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 references to [email protected]. Please specify the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: Close of business on December 7, 2019.