Social Enterprise Development Fellow
iCampus is Liberia’s 1st co-working, community and innovation space for organizations focusing on the intersection of technology, business and social change in Liberia. It acts as a physical and virtual space for youth-focused governance and civic engagement training; a networking and innovation hub; and a focal point for social entrepreneurs and change-makers. iCampus is co-managed and run by Accountability Lab Liberia and iLab Liberia and includes a variety of partners from across the civil society, business and government sectors. iCampus moves beyond the co-working space model – it is a collective and intentional effort to support the next generation of Liberian change-makers in meaningful ways over the long-term.
What You Can Bring To Us
iCampus is seeking a hands-on Social Enterprise Fellow (or recent MBA graduate) to join its management and operations team in Monrovia for 3 to 6 months. This position offers an exciting hands-on opportunity to help grow iCampus’ business model, build our community and improve our effectiveness. The fellow with be a self-motivated, strategic problem solver able to operate with significant autonomy in meeting their deliverables. We are looking for a passionate team player with a business mindset who can take iCampus’ services and offerings to the next level.
This 3-month placement will focus on:
- Streamlining internal operations and management processes;
- Developing a marketing and sales strategy for iCampus’ services including co-working; event/meeting space renal; audio/video recording studio; training offerings, and café; and
- Building out alternative revenue streams to promote greater financial sustainability;
- Ongoing support and mentorship to team members on issues related to delivery, growth and planning.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- West African native or experience working in the region preferred;
- Current MBA candidate or recent graduate with mastery of business fundamentals (accounting, finance, marketing, etc.); or several years growing a sustainable social enterprise;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- A can-do attitude with a sense of humor and entrepreneurial spirit.
What We Can Offer You
A varied experience at one of Liberia’s most dynamic workplaces- with daily interactions with a variety of social change-makers from rappers, to technologists to artists. Free accommodation in the iCampus Air BnB studio; 24/7 security (including very cute guard dogs); a great location in central Monrovia; a fantastic team of “can-do” change-makers; free access to iCampus equipment and opportunities (such as the audio-visual studio); ongoing support from the Accountability Lab Global team in Washington, DC. Flights to and from Liberia and a stipend to cover costs.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV and cover letter to Cheri-Leigh Erasmus, Programs and Learning Manager at Accountability Lab by COB on March 14th, 2019: [email protected]