The Accountability Lab
The Accountability Lab catalyzes a new generation of active citizens and responsible leaders. We run an incubator for accountability change-makers to develop and implement innovative ideas for building integrity in their communities. We train, mentor, and resource citizens to strengthen systems of accountability to unleash positive social and economic change. The Lab is a registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the U.S. and is currently working in Liberia, Nepal and Pakistan.
How you can help
The Accountability Lab is recruiting volunteers to support our efforts on the ground in Liberia and Nepal. Volunteers will participate in a variety of activities, dependent upon the volunteer’s skills and interests. These activities include, but are not limited to:
• Meeting with different stakeholders to build partnerships and understanding;
• Monitoring and supporting the Lab’s Accountapreneurship projects;
• Scouting out and developing new ways to address accountability issues in the local context.
Volunteering is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the life of a community. Our volunteers can expect to gain hand-on experience in promoting good governance and transparency.
Who we’re looking for
We are a new and innovative organization that actively promotes creative ideas to the complex challenges of corruption and accountability. We are therefore interested in volunteers who:
• Are proactive, hard-working, and good at communicating;
• Are dedicated to the cause of accountability and anti-corruption;
• Have an understanding of issues relating to accountability;
• Have good communication and organization skills;
• Have knowledge of the local context in which they will work, preferred.
Location: Nepal, Pakistan, Liberia, and Mali
Next Steps: If interested, please contact one of our country representatives:
Liberia – Lawrence Yealue ([email protected] or +231-888330901)
Mali – Moussa Kondo ([email protected] or +223-2279284530)
Nepal – Narayan Adhikari ([email protected] or +977-9818231206)
Pakistan – Fayyaz Yaseen ([email protected] or +92-3345393105)